Social Connect Instagram
To use authentication with Instagram you must first create an app.
Follow this step:
Step 1 (Create a Client)
- Go to Instagram Developer section https://www.instagram.com/developer/
- Go to Manage Clients on top bar
- Click on button Register a New Client
- Fill all information, keep in mind that Instagram Client require approval, so you need to fill all data with correct informations
- In "Valid redirect URIs:" put following url: "http://www.yoursite.domain/index.php?option=com_jsn&tmplsocial=1&view=instagram&task=accesstoken" (of course replace URL with your domain). Important!!
Step 2 (Get Client ID & Client Secret)
- After creation of your Instagram Client, you will be redirect to Client list
- Choose your Client
- You will see your Client ID and Client Secret. KEEP NOTE OF THESE VALUES
Step 3 (Past Client ID & Client Secret in Easy Profile Configuration)
- Copy and paste your Client ID and Client Secret provided by Instagram Client details page to configuration of Easy Profile Social Connect
- Enable parameter "Enable Instagram"
- To find the configuration of Easy Profile go to Administrator->Components->Easy Profile->Options and click on Social Connect Tab.
Step 4 (Test Login)
- Now you can test your Social Login on your site
Step 5 (Request Approval)
- Instagram Client require approval, so from your client details page go to "Permission" tab
- Click on Start a submission button
- Fill following parameters:
1. Which use case best describes your Instagram integration?
My app allows people to login with Instagram and share their own content.
3. How does your app use the Instagram API?
API use case: Users can register to my site via Instagram to become registered members and access to our download area (THIS IS AN EXAMPLE)
Video Screencast URL: here you need to put a link to a video that describe login process and purpose, here an example about Easy Profile: user register an account via Instagram and access to download area.
Approval Process take 12/24 hours